Thursday, March 31, 2011

The light at the end of the tunnel

Why am I doing a blog? I don't know lol! Seriously I do have reasons. My immediate group of girlfriends have decided to take an eternity to have children! Umm ladies I'm still waiting! Luckily numbers are increasing, but I feel like I only have one friend that will be real with me about the whole baby thing! She has been sooo helpful and answers all my questions, but I need more! I am envious of these girlfriends that all have babies around the same age! Hmmm maybe my girlfriends will accidentally get knocked up? I can only hope.

So the point is I have a whole new group of mommy friends on facebook that are now there for me, but I need more people to be real with in another setting. This whole mom thing is hard, and I'm just trying to learn as I go. I want to say the crazy things I think without judgment. Don't take everything I say literal NANA. Its sort of tongue and cheek. Maybe some of my mom confessions would horrify Nana lol. Anyway I just want a mommy group that isn't going through feeds on facebook for people that don't have kids to get annoyed over. Some of my mommy friends are full of knowledge that I soak up like a sponge. Who knew I'd care so much when other moms started rice cereal?

Anways I am consumed with the mommy world, and I am sure only moms really get where I am coming from. Who knew this would happen? So this is my experimental blog. I am still trying to figure this all out. I'd really like for other moms to also be able to vent, and not just me. Any suggestions? Who knew there is a whole blog world of really funny moms?! I love it! Wow Parenting Magazine what have you done to me?

5 comments:

  1. "accidentally knocked up" lol Lets hope not!
    Anyway, I am really proud of you for starting a blog. I will definitely read it and keep up so that in 10 years when I hopefully do eventually have a baby I will refer back to what I learned/read from you.
    But as of right now a baby is the last thing on my mind and I admire the fact that you are such a good mom/ real grown up, lol. I still have a little more partying, a few more mistakes, and lot more selfishness to deal with before I can relate to you but still, I will enjoy these posts about "rice cereal" (whatever that is) because I love you and your little baby boy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, I may not have kids but I do have almost 10 years experience with them.. Soo when little Hayden turns 3+ years old that's when I can be of superior service to discuss these things with. Infants are not my repertoire. But I have learned so many amazing things through different families over the years, that hopefully I can apply to my own someday. So when the little man is ready for pre-school know I'm here for advice (was a pre-school teacher for a few years, remember good old Sunshine days?) and have been through many different school transitions with the Ramirez boys, who the oldest Daniel is now in Junior High! Really like your blog idea! Excited to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not easy. I totally understand how you feel. I was the first of my friends to get married and have babies. I felt so lonely and isolated. Just know that your life has changed but your good friends will always be there for you even if they don't completely understand. It's good to know you have support and you're not alone. It's hard to ask for help sometimes but you just gotta do it. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Hang in there Mama. It's an adventure but it's an amazing crazy one! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hear ya! motherhood is challanging eh?!
    im your new follower.
    www.mypeacefulreminder.blogspot.com
    www.bloomststudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blog Ashley; I have one too that hasn't been updated since before my son was born! The information-sharing is really great and interesting; I've always enjoyed hearing what different moms do or have experienced. You would probably really like babycenter.com. It's the mommy forum I've been part of since I was pregnant with Ryken and there are birth clubs for every month and year so thousands of moms are constantly posting questions and converstations for exactly what you're experiencing. I would love to talk anytime you wanted to also!

    ReplyDelete