Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The "SCV Mom"

So I am a new mom in the SCV, but trust me I always knew the "SCV Mom." For those of you that don't know what SCV stands for it is Santa Clarita Valley. Yep that is where I live and have been living for the past twenty years. Good old Santa Clarita in lovely Cali.

You have to understand there are all kinds of moms in this town from the older moms with grown kids trying to figure out the next step in their lives, the younger new moms exploring mommyhood like me, and the moms that are right smack in the middle of mommyhood who have almost fully mastered the art of being a mom. 

So anyway I want to talk about a whole other breed of mom that is everywhere you go from the grocery store to the restaurants. The "SCV Mom" tends to aim for perfection. She wants to appear she has it all! When I say it all I mean from the look, to the money, to juggling the kiddos. She doesn't work. Her work is hitting the gym, tanning salon, and nail salon. Her part time job is taking care of the kids. Her hair and make-up are always perfect, and even when dressed casual she looks so darn cute. She has the cutest body that makes you envious. Did she really carry all those children? I had one and I am honestly STRUGGLING to lose the baby fat! Its safe to say she has had some sort of plastic surgery. For sure some botox and a good old boob job! She drives an expensive car and lives in a picture perfect house.

I think that the truth is  she may appear to have it all her credit cards are maxed out, she has self esteem issues, and is begging to break out of mommy world to do her own thing! Will I be the "SCV Mom" one day?

1 comment: