Thursday, April 7, 2011

You're Never Too Old For Your Mommy!

This past week I was terribly sick with the stomach flu. It was actually beyond terrible. It was that nonstop need to throw up, aches like you have poison in your legs, and chills that make you shiver.

So I left work early, I actually barely made 2 hours, and I basically just tried to get myself to my mom's house as fast as I could. She watches my son while I work, and her house is 15 minutes closer than my house so of course that was a good stopping point!

As soon as I got there I just ran in, threw up some more lol....ya it was that bad, changed into my moms pjs, and jumped into bed. Ironically I was in my old room and being taken care of by my mother  like I was a child again. I felt so awful I couldn't even move let alone take care of my son's needs. So my poor mother actually had two to take care of. Maybe 3? You know husbands are helpless.

I am so grateful that my mom was there to help me when I really needed her. When I actually started feeling better the next day I lay in my old room thinking even at 28 I seriously need my mom. Then I started thinking how strange it was sleeping in my old room! Yes I stayed there! If I went home my husband would help, but I would still have to worry some what about the dogs or baby. I am sure you know what I mean. Grandmas are so helpful, and I actually think they enjoy it!

So in full circle I started thinking about my own son. Right now he is only 5 1/2 months, but even now when he isn't feeling well all he wants is me. It's so strange and wonderful to think when he is feeling  icky I will be his comfort that can help make things better. No matter how old he is I will always be his mother, and he will always need me. The same goes for my thoughts with him. He will always be my baby. I will always be there for him, and give him all the love and comfort that I can. That is a beautiful thing. What is even more beautiful is my mom has taught me this love that I can now share with my own.

1 comment: