Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Alone in the Crib

I know this may sound awful, but I have to say it has crossed my mind. My baby is 5 1/2 months old. He can barely sit on his own and isn't crawling yet. So he can't really go anywhere. I have two dogs that before the baby had tons of attention so I try to keep their lives the same. Have you ever tried to walk a stroller and 2 dogs? It is freaking hard! If a another dog approaches us forget it its over. The one time I tried another dog came across our path and it turned into chaos. The other woman was trying to detangle me. So it has crossed my mind when my baby is sleeping to take the dogs for a quick walk. Hes safe in his crib so whats the harm? I'll be gone 15 minutes. Don't worry I wont do it. If there was a fire or any sort of disaster I wouldn't be able to live with myself. So am I awful that this even crosses my mind? The same goes for when I need to run into the bank. Getting the car seat out is so annoying and then getting the stroller out! Come on now? I know someone has left the baby in the car! Pre mommyhood I might be in shock seeing a baby alone in a car, but now I am much more understanding!

3 comments:

  1. I remember staying in the car quick while mom ran into the bank. Granted, I was older than Hay but I understand and I don't see a problem with leaving them in the car for a moment. He'll be fine and you'll keep (somewhat) of your sanity :) As for walking the dogs....sounds like you need a dogwalker lol love you Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO-No-NO You never leave a baby alone in a car or anywhere. You can pick him up and carry him in your arms. Other nuts out there can steal him. Or the car can have an accident. Or it's too hot in the car, you never know when you may be dalayed. You will get arrested if someone sees your baby in the car alone. As for walking the dogs, give that job to your husband. Most new mothers do not have two dogs to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above anonymous that said NO-No-No is your Nana I don't know how to work this thing. So I'm explaining this way. Love you Ashley

    ReplyDelete