Thursday, March 31, 2011

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better

Why can't woman rally with each other? Why does it always have to be competition and little digs at each other? I think we should support one another and make each other feel better about ourselves not worse.

It truly is a miracle having a baby grow inside of you. Its beautiful yes, but lets be honest its also horrifying. When your ankles swell the size of your head and your stomach looks like a road map, umm yeah not so beautiful. There's much much scarier things that happen, but I am not getting into that.

As I went through my own pregnancy I got the, "are you having twins?" Umm no sweetheart I am not having twins, and yes this is my first! AHhh gasp, "you're so big!" Ahh actually no I'm not, there is a human in me and I am only 5'-3".  There isnt a lot of room. Why the need to say these things to me? Who knows, they're crazy bitches. So as I grew into a whale the digs didn't help. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of people that told me I was beautiful too. Thank you family and friends. : ) The digs though stayed with me and made me fell HORRIBLE!

My favorite is talking to other moms and comparing the weight gain! There are the moms you can talk to that just laugh with you about the weight gain, but then there are the moms that love to let you know they gained 10lbs. I am exagerating but you know what I mean. I DO have friends that are tiny naturally so its expected during their pregnancy that they stay tiny. My point is your not better than anyone else because you only gained 10 lbs. It's the end result after the babies that counts right ladies? Am I just trying to make myself feel better because I gained 45lbs lol?!?

To the men in our lives that want the pre-baby bod back. No it will never be like how it was, but yes we will get it back. Stretch marks fade, milk engorged boobs perk back up, and that basketball stretched belly tightens up. Ahh doesn't that sound lovely?

To the girls that laugh about the fact they gained 75lbs I praise you for keeping it real. I think some woman lie about how much they gained too. Why though I have no idea.To the woman that gained "the normal amount" good for you for having such self control! I actually think there is soooo much more to pregnancy than self control. Some things are out of our control. I think every past and present prego knows we are all different. Embrace what God gave you, and definitely embrace you had the ability to even carry another human in you!

To all the pregos and ladies that just had a baby. Remember you had a baby grow in you! You'll get it back with a little help from the gym. To the pregos enjoy it! There are plenty of woman that support you in your lives I'm sure. If  not....please get new friends! Here's to hoping we can stick together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment